If you have a gardening enthusiast in your life and you’re wondering what gifts would make their green thumbs even greener, look no further! Here’s a curated list of the top 30 gardening tools that any gardener would love to have. Or maybe you are interested in the top tools for yourself!
- This kit measures PH, moisture, fertility, and light
- This is a less expensive PH test
- This Soil Kit measures Nitrogen, Phosphorus, and Potash
This post does contain affiliate links. Most of the products are from Amazon, however, I intentionally chose many products from small businesses.
- Grow Lights for Seed Starting: Grow lights can be a great help if you wish to start your plants from seed. We had a similar setup to this and were able to start all of our seeds in our basement when we lived in the city.
- Pruning Shears: These are an essential tool for any gardener. They help trim and shape plants, remove dead leaves, and maintain overall plant health. I love pocket-sized ones like these, and the wooden handle is extra special!
- Bonsai Scissors: I like these for cutting clippings and starts. Plus they just look so neat!
- Garden Gloves: A good pair of gardening gloves is indispensable. They protect hands from thorns and make pulling weeds so much easier. I especially like a leather pair like these.
- Handheld Tool Set: These handheld tools are perfect for digging, planting, and transplanting small plants. The weeder is my favorite from this set, I use it all the time! I’ve purchased two of this particular set, one for me and one for a gift.
- Hori Hori Knife: This versatile Japanese gardening knife is a gardener’s best friend. It can be used for digging, cutting, weeding, and dividing plants. This one is made by Fiskars, but there are others with wooden handles and various blades.
- Watering Can or Hose Nozzle: Keeping plants hydrated is important. Why not have beautiful and functional tools? This copper-colored watering can is so cute! You can never have too many hose nozzles!
- Kneeling Pad or Garden Bench: Gardening often involves a lot of kneeling and bending. This foldable kneeling pad/seat would be an amazing gift, plus it comes with a place to store tools!
- Garden Tool Set: This set would be a great gift for someone just starting out in a new place. It has all the tools you need for home gardening and landscaping.
- Steel Garden Cart or Smaller Garden Cart: A garden cart is such a great addition to your garden! Perfect for when you are moving plants or pulling weeds.
- Compost Tumbler or Compost Bin: We have both a bin and tumbler. Both are great ways to turn kitchen scraps and yard waste into rich compost!
- An Electric Countertop composter: I have never used one of these, but it’s intriguing and gets great reviews!
- A Garden Trug or Harvest Basket
Gardening Books or Subscriptions:
Consider gifting gardening books or magazine subscriptions featuring tips, techniques, and inspiration. There’s always something new to learn in the world of gardening! Here are a few great books:
- Seed to Table-A seasonal guide for growing and cooking food at home
- Vegetables Love Flowers-This is a great book on companion planting
- The Complete Gardener’s Guide– A complete book from sowing to harvesting
- Eat Your Yard– A Guide to beautiful and edible landscaping
- Raised Bed Gardening for Beginners-This is a good place to start if you are new to raised bed gardening
- The Seed Saving Solution– Learn about saving seeds for your future gardens
Special or Thoughtful Gardening Gifts
- Gardener’s Gift Box with soap, nail brush and salve
- Pumice Scrub
- Gritty Hand Soap
- Gardening Hand Balm
- Sturdy Garden Apron
- A Smaller Garden Pouch
Be Sure to Get My Free Gardening Ebook by Subscribing Below
When choosing gardening tools as gifts, prioritize quality, durability, and ergonomic design. Consider the specific needs and preferences of the recipient to ensure your gift will be both useful and appreciated. Whether they’re a novice or a seasoned gardener, these tools will undoubtedly make their gardening experience more enjoyable and productive. So, go ahead and spread some gardening love with these thoughtful gifts for the green-thumbed individuals in your life!
Love Gardening? Check out these posts too!