25 Gift Ideas for Creative Kids
The Gift Ideas for Creative Kids guide is here! I scoured the internet for gifts that creative boys and girls would enjoy. This post does contain affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase through one of my links, I may earn a small commission at no extra charge to you.
What to Buy for a Creative Kid
My kiddos are creative. They would draw, paint and craft all the live long day if I let them. So, if I gave them paper and new marker as a gift, they would be perfectly content. However, for Birthdays and Christmas you usually want something special that they will cherish for quite some time.
A good gift is one that will spark their creativity. Something that will help guide them as they make something with their hands.
Creative and Educational Gifts
As a homeschooling mama, I want the things my kids interact with to be worthwhile. I like their minds to be challenged and stretched. Learning new things is naturally fun, giving your children the right tools is only beneficial in their quest to learn.
Whether it’s sewing, knitting or building, many of these gifts will help your child to learn a new skill. One that they may develop over their lifetime!
Gifts for Creative Boys or Girls
Some of these gifts are definitely geared toward girls specifically, however most of these would be great for a boy or a girl. Several of my sons have been interested in sewing and a good sewing machine sets a person up for success.
The collage below is full of images that will give you an idea of what the item is. If you hover over the image it will give you the price. If you click on the image, it will take you to the website where the item is sold.
A Brief Description of the Gifts for Creative Kids
I wish I could have figured out how to keep this list in order with the collage above. Unfortunately I worked on this over a few days, and some of my previous items went out of stock and as I replaced items the order in the collage was rearranged!
- Yarn Unicorn Kit– Create your own custom unicorn with a yarn wrapping kit. Perfect for little girls
- Kinetic Sand– My kids had this several years ago. It is moldable sand, that sticks together. This means it can be cut and sliced and packed together for building. This does make it less messy than regular sand, but not mess-free!
- Light Up Terrarium– This is such a great way to let your children plant something of their own and watch it grow, even through the colder months!
- Lite Brite– I was so excited to see that this is still around! I loved Lite Brite when I was a kid!
- Singer Sewing Machine– I bought a similar sewing machine for my girls several years ago. It is a great beginner machine, very user friendly. Sewing is such a great skill to learn!
- Planetarium Projector– This looks like so much fun! What a creative way to learn about space!
- 3D Printing Pen– This would be great for a creative child. Watch them turn their ideas into a 3-D creation!
- 9 Piece Tool Kit– A real child sized tool set. My kids love to build with scrap wood, they build boats, houses, barns and corrals. This would be ideal for a child interested in woodworking!
- Personalized ABC Book– This is so cute, kids love having their names on a book!
- Solar Robot Kit– The reviewers recommend this for children 10 and older. Looks like a great way to be creative and learn!
- Air Dry Clay– This is sure to bring hours of creative activity!
- Edible Chemistry Kit– What a fun way to explore chemistry in the kitchen!
- Leather Bracelet Kit– My teenage daughters and I would love working on this together!
- Woodland Animals Sewing Kit– This would be very rewarding for a young child interested in sewing! A great way to set them up for success!
- Knitting Machine– This is pricey, but comes highly recommended from a friend of mine. They also make a less expensive version just for kids.
- Musicians Transposing Ring– What a cool way to understand the circle of fifths
- Pottery Studio- This is an inexpensive way to let your child get creative with pottery.
- String Art Kit– This looks like it would be a great way to spend a rainy afternoon!
- Gummy Bear Molds– We have had these for a while now, and they appear to be great quality. I just need to make the gummy bears!
- Aristotle’s Number Puzzle– This would be a great way to be creative and better understand numbers!
- World Map Coloring Tablecloth– I could see this keeping my kiddos occupied for days!
- Little Kitchen Helper Knife Set– Most children love to help in the kitchen. This set looks like a great way to help them do it safely!
- Window Art Set- This type of craft was always so fun to do when I was a kid!
- Natural Beeswax Crayons– These crayons have been tempting me for a while now. They get excellent reviews.
- Lincoln Logs– Another classic that has stood the test of time! My kids love building with Lincoln Logs! Anything that comes with a storage solution is great too!
- ** Bonus** Somehow I forgot about a Kalimba!! My daughter bought one of these for herself and one as a gift. Both are beautiful and so fun!
I hope you found these 25 Gift Ideas for Creative Kids Helpful!
See you later this week for an Etsy gift guide!
Here are some Handmade Gifts Your Kids Will Love!