Sourdough Discard Blueberry Muffins
A yummy and healthy breakfast or snack using extra sourdough starter or discard.
- 4½ Cups Flour I use Prairie Gold White Whole Wheat
- 3⅓ Cups Sugar I use organic evaporated cane sugar
- 2 TBS Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1½ cups Sourdough Starter or Discard
- 4 Eggs
- 2¼ cup Milk
- 1 cup Coconut Oil or Melted Butter
- 3¼ cup Blueberries Frozen or Fresh
Preheat the oven to 400°Mix all dry ingredients, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add in the sourdough discard, eggs, milk, coconut oil, or melted butter. Mix well for a minute or two.Gently fold in the blueberries, I still use my stand mixer, I just set it to stir and watch it. If you overmix, the berries will break and the batter will be purple. Grease, spray or line your muffin pans. Fill the cups 3/4 of the way full. Sprinkle the tops with the extra sugar.Bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Check at 18 minutes and make sure they aren't getting too brown.Let cool for a few minutes before removing them from the pans.