Five Things Friday
Hey there, last week I started this Five things Friday feature. However, many people said they couldn’t see it. I could see it and couldn’t figure out why others could not. Well after posting two other posts since then, I began to have the same problem in other posts. Somehow my heading and list fonts had been changed to white…obviously, that doesn’t show up very well on a white background! I cannot even begin to understand how or why this happened! So this week, you will get a repeat of most of last weeks Five Things since most of you couldn’t see them!
- Have you seen these mug warmers? I really want one, but I’m not sure I can justify the $20. My coffee cup typically spends half of its life in the microwave, so maybe I could say this uses less power than the microwave and overall I would be saving on power?….Hmmm
- I just added the cutest farm-themed flashcards to my Etsy Shop. They have a vintage look with muted colors there are numbers and letters. I envision people using them for homeschool or even farmhouse decor or a nursery!
- Roasted radishes…have you ever tried them? I have been using Misfits Market produce boxes. I just posted a full review yesterday! A few weeks ago I got a LOT of radishes. I did a sheet pan full of veggies, parsnips, beets sweet potatoes, and thickly sliced radishes. They are so good roasted! 425 degrees with oil and sprinkled with garlic salt or seasoned salt (I use Johnnys). We have had them twice this week!
- My second youngest son turns three today. I simply cannot believe he’s three! Daddy has the day off, he’s cooking bacon and then they are going to pick up hay in daddy’s truck. He couldn’t be happier!
- The state of our country has me concerned…just like you, I’m sure. I don’t know what the future holds, but I find comfort in God’s word. I read these verses this morning, and it felt like a heavy burden was lifted from my heart. Romans 8:35, 38 & 39. “Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
Welcome friends, to the Embracing Home and Family link-up!
Embracing Home and Family link-up party will go live every Friday at 8:00 a.m (PST), and is a place for you to link-up family-friendly posts related to homemaking, homeschooling and homesteading. Let’s encourage and inspire each other by linking them up on the Embracing Home and Family link-up party!
Meet your lovely hosts!
Jenn from The Everyday Farmhouse
What Jenn’s been up to this week on The Everyday Farmhouse…
Show Jenn from The Everyday Farmhouse some love by visiting her blog today!
Cherelle from The Inspired Prairie
What Cherelle’s been up to this week on The Inspired Prairie…
Show Cherelle from The Inspired Prairie some love by visiting her blog today!
Embracing Home and Family’s Featured Posts This Week are…
DIY Reusable Sponge
by Hello Sewing
Pom-Pom and Heart Valentine Garland
Hot Cocoa For Winter
DIY Valentine’s Day Bath Bombs
Congratulations to those who were featured! Be sure to grab the “I Was Featured” image and showcase it on your blog!
Simply right click the image below, and click save-as.
Simple Guidelines for the Embracing Home and Family Link-Up:
- You can link up to three family-friendly posts that pertain to homemaking, homeschooling and homesteading. Let’s encourage each other with helpful and uplifting posts, and keep your linked up posts clean and family-friendly. Anything inappropriate will be deleted.
- Show some support to your hosts and another blogger who has linked up.
- We will choose 4 features each week and each feature will be pinned to Pinterest!!
- By linking your blog posts on Embracing Home and Family, you are giving us permission to use your images to showcase your post if you are chosen as a weekly feature.
- Please, no repeats within a 6 month period!
- Embracing Home and Family link-up party begins on Fridays at 8:00 a.m PST and will end Tuesdays at 8:00 a.m PST.
Let the fun begin!